Stress is often mistaken as depression and depression is often thought to be stress. In today’s fast-paced world, more and more people are getting diagnosed with stress and depression.
As per psychiatrists practising in best hospitals in Kolkata, depression is a loss of interest in things and a feeling of constant sadness. Stress can either be emotional or mental and can be triggered by multiple factors. For instance, students becoming stressed out before their final exams and being cheery once the exams get over is a perfect example of stress.
Depression is another concept that requires our undivided attention. Chronic stress can become depression. There are many people with signs of clinical depression but unfortunately, they do not get the help they need due to various reasons. There’s a stigma attached to depression which we must remove from our society. It’s because of this stigma many patients do not seek therapy or get professional help in spite of showing signs of depression.
So how do signs of stress and depression differ?
Signs of stress
- Problems in concentration
- Poor memory
- Anxiety Anger issues
- Difficulty doing daily activities.
Signs of depression
- Constant feeling of sadness and hopelessness
- Lack of motivation in doing anything
- Undereating or overeating
- Sleeping more or less than normal
- Memory problem
- Frustration and anger
- Disinterest in everything
- Suicidal thoughts.
If you are stressed out, take a break and try to relax a bit. In the case of depression, seek professional help. Visit a good psychiatrist and get medical therapy. Depression is not something to be taken lightly or ignored. Your mental health is equally important as your physical health. Yes, life is possible after depression. ILS Hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala will help you in every way possible when you’re on the journey to overcome depression.
Parenting a child is a tedious and demanding job but parenting a child with autism requires more skills and patience than ever.
ASD (Autism spectrum disorder) is not an easy concept to define. According to various psychiatrists, ASD is a developmental and neurological disorder that hampers the communication and social skills of the children. Autism is chronic and cannot be generally cured. But with multiple therapies, the child can live a normal life.
On World Autism Day, ILS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala, will share ways through which you can help and support your autistic child to lead a normal life.
- Educate yourself about Autism: If you do not know what autism is all about, you will never be able to help your child at all. Read books on autism, research on the internet, meet with parents who have an autistic child and consult with a psychiatrist to get a reliable solution.
- Spend time with your child: Your autistic child might show signs of social withdrawal but he or she needs your time more than anything in this world. The needs of an autistic child are the same as other children, it’s just that they do not know how to express themselves.
- Involve your child in social activities: No matter how different and difficult your child is, he or she deserves to play and interact with others. Never hesitate to involve your autistic child in social gatherings and other social events. There’s nothing wrong with your child and he or she should be treated like any other normal child by everyone.
- Always be positive and patient: Sudden outbursts are a common phenomenon with autistic children. Patiently handle their tantrums and be positive about the situation as the child is not aware of the consequences.
- Respect your child’s boundaries: Do not force your child to do something they do not want to do. Respect them like you would respect any individual.
- Do not treat your child differently: If you have more than one child, then do not give the autistic child a different or special treatment than the others. Also, tell your other children to cooperate with their autistic sibling and never exclude him or her from their group.
- Give your love and support: Children seek affection and if they don’t receive them from their families they struggle with their self-esteem and self-expression. Love and support are going to be a soothing balm for your autistic child.
Hospitals in Agartala and Kolkata will always help you and your child in dealing with any medical issues. Do not hesitate to seek medical aid from our team.