The history of medical surgery dates back as early as 500 BC, though the exact timeline is a matter of debate. So, several people believe cosmetic surgery to be extremely recent.
However, it is very far from the actual fact. Multiple records prove that the domain of plastic and cosmetic surgery has existed in the world since a long time.
However, with the time, it has improved a lot. Presently, in India, it is one of the most frequent elective surgical procedures and cosmetic surgery is solving several aesthetic issues with the surgical approach.
Here we present the list of the most prevalent plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures in Kolkata-
- Rhinoplasty- Most commonly known as the nose job. It changes the appearance of the nose.
- Rhytidectomy- It is a Facelift procedure that tightens the jowls and neck.
- Facial Implants- It tightens the facial features and makes the cheek or chin look more prominent.
- Blepharoplasty- It is the procedure to tightening the eyelid.
- Breast Reconstruction- Rebuilds the breast after diseases like cancer
- Changing Breast size and appearance– Enhances or reducing the size of the breast
- Mastopexy- Tightens the skin of the breast to improve the contour
- Gynecomastia- Resection reduces the size of large breasts in men and improves chest contour.
- Liposuction- It removes extra fat from the fat zones such as hips, thighs, buttocks, belly etc
- Abdominoplasty- It is more commonly known as tummy tuck. It removes extra fat and thereafter tightens the skin.
- Mini-Abdominoplasty- A similar surgery like the previous one. It removes the lower abdominal pouching
- Skin resurfacing- Smoothes the skin with the help of laser, or other similar techniques
- Hair transplantation- Treats pattern baldness of both male and female.
- Arm lift- It tightens the skin layer of the upper arm and fixes any lose skin bags
- Otoplasty- Ear pin back. It brings the ears closer to the head
- Scar revision surgery- Improves the appearance of scars
A plastic or cosmetic surgery is the surgical approach that helps to alter the contour and appearance of the body and improvise the physical attributes. As a result, the self-esteem and mental image changes as well and overall, it helps the individual to lead a more confident life ahead.
We all have heard at some point in time that, it is important to love oneself, at every condition to be happy. However, it is rather difficult to do, than to say when an individual is suffering from a condition, they are very embarrassed from within. Gynecomastia is certainly one of such condition that qualifies for the same and can turn any man’s life into a nightmare. Often a surgical solution is the only way to make things better.
Gynecomastia or male breast enlargement is a condition characterized by enlargement of breasts in men. This swelling occurs due to the proliferation of fatty tissue underlying the breast. The breasts are the symbol of feminism and maternity and play a vital role in the well-being of a newborn baby in terms of providing nutrition and immunization from several diseases. Having well-developed breast in case of any men is not only useless but more like an embarrassment.
Even though most of the times the cell growth is non-malignant, which means it like not likely to grow into cancerous growth, but it may possess some difficulties and discomfort such as pain, swelling, and adjustment required to sleep to getting dressed. Also, the deformation of the normal chest contour of a man can hamper the self-confidence and social image, leading to depression and low esteem.
It has been found that the count of men suffering from this condition reach as high as 65 percent, however, not all of them require surgical intervention. Reason being several male individuals encounter this condition solely during the adolescent age due to hormonal change. With time, it readjusts on its own, eliminating any correction treatment. Some other men acquire this condition while battling with obesity. As obesity itself is a condition of accumulating fat, the breasts are no exception. However, work and metabolic treatment often address the situation.
This leaves with that individual who is seriously suffering from this condition and is in desperate need of proper medical help. Though oral medication and hormonal therapy can help with the entire treatment, often the breast reduction surgery is required to settle the problem completely. It is either done through liposuction or tissue extraction, depending on the condition.
With proper medication, if required a surgery at the best hospitals in Kolkata and help for family, friends and support groups, this condition can be overcome completely.