A weak immune system makes us susceptible to seasonal flu or infections. If you become sick throughout the year then it’s an indication that you do not have a good immune system.
Since none of us wants to spend our days staying sick, ILS Hospitals, the multispeciality hospitals in Agartala and Kolkata would like to acquaint you with ways through which you can have a strong immune system.
Let’s look at the ways without any delay.
- Consume immune-boosting foods: Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, poultry, seafood, nuts, etc for a healthy immune system. Include spices, like ginger, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves in your meals to keep yourself away from flu.
- Drink more water: Water flushes out toxins and impurities from your body so keep drinking water every hour to have a healthy immune system.
- Avoid certain food and drinks: Try to avoid the consumption of processed and canned foods, junk foods, sugary foods, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as all of them harm the immune system.
- Get sufficient sleep: Not getting enough sleep will make you more vulnerable to seasonal colds and infections. Therefore, get enough sleep every night without fail.
- Exercise regularly: Doing moderate exercises regularly prepares your body to actively fight against infections. Reserve 20-30 minutes of the day for your exercise regime to have an excellent immune system.
- Get enough sunlight: Sunlight is an extraordinary source of vitamin D. Studies suggest that people who spent enough time in the sun fell less sick than the ones who never received enough sunglight. Even soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in the sun daily during the summer season is more than enough for your immune system.
- Avoid stress: Stress hampers both our mental and physical health. Chronic stress has a huge impact on your body’s immunity so avoid living in a stressful environment.
- Stop smoking: Smoking affects the body’s ability to fight with diseases and infections by killing healthy cells of the body. Hence, quit smoking, right now.
- Take multi-vitamin supplements if needed: If your regular diet lacks essential vitamins then consider taking multi-vitamins to keep up with the body’s vitamin requirements.
Visit a medical professional and ask him or her for prescriptive multi-vitamin supplements as per your body’s daily needs.
You can visit ILS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala to get medical advice.